Click on any topic to expand for more details.
In-Person Programs for Little Babes (0-12 months)
Check our current program calendar for dates and times.
Little Babes Baby Time: Each Baby Time program will offer a play- based learning opportunity in one of our indoor library program spaces. We will provide a selection of toys and you are welcome to bring your own as well. We will have on location one EarlyON facilitator to help facilitate and inspire play and learning. Siblings are welcome, but please note we will not be supplying materials/toys. We offer a circle time (songs & stories) as part of the program. Drop-in.
Little Babes Stroller Walks: Join EarlyON for a walk around your community! Get some fresh air and exercise while meeting other parents. Babies and siblings welcome in stroller or wagon. We offer an optional social time including a discussion on an infant topic at the end of the stroller walk to encourage social development with babes and caregivers. Dress for the weather. Please bring a blanket for the optional social time. Drop-in.
Special Programs: These programs focus on a variety of special topics for caregivers with infants under the age of 12-months. Your facilitator will indicate whether there are any special materials you may need to bring. Registration required: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-666-3227 and leave a message.
Milestones: This program is for Middlesex County families referred from partner agencies with children birth to 15-months of age who are at-risk or higher risk for developmental concerns. Through the Milestones program, families have access to free resources to support their child's development. At each critical stage of development from 0 to 15 months, families are provided with a board book and an additional resource such as a sensory ball, nesting cup or puzzle. Families are also encouraged to connect 1-1 with our Milestones Team. Our team can help provide ideas on developmental activities at each stage of development and share information on community resources, programs and services that can support early learning needs. For more information, email email@example.com or call 519-666-3227 and leave a message.
In-Person Programs for 0 to 6 years
Check the current Program Calendar for dates and times.
Open Spaces Outdoor Adventures: Join us as we enjoy free play and adventures in learning in the great outdoors. We will let your child(ren) take the lead in these nature-based programs. We offer a circle time (songs and stories) at the end of program. Dress for the weather. Please bring a blanket for the circle time. Best suited for children 2 to 6 years of age, but children from 0-6 ages welcome. Registration required: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-666-3227 and leave a message.
Outdoor Play & Learn: Join us in our Thorndale and Ilderton outdoor play spaces for a play-based learning opportunity. Activities planned will encourage positive parent and child interaction and inspire play and learning! We offer a circle time (songs and stories) at the end of program. Dress for the weather. Please bring a blanket for the circle time. Best suited for children 2 to 6 years of age, but children from 0-6 ages welcome. Drop-in.
Play & Learn: Each Play & Learn program will offer a play- based learning opportunity in one of our indoor library program spaces. Activities planned by our EarlyON facilitators encourage positive parent and child interaction and inspire play and learning! We also offer a circle time (songs and stories) at the end of program. Drop-in.
Special Programs and Events: We offer on occasion indoor and outdoor special programs and events. We will outline these opportunities in our Monthly Program Calendar. Registration most often required: email email@example.com or call 519-666-3227 and leave a message.
Ready Set Learn School Readiness Program: A 4-week program that will provide you and your child with a learning experience that will support a successful school start. We offer opportunities to connect virtually & in-person, access to a digital library of resources, weekly activities & opportunities to win prizes. We offer a supply package that will include supplies to support weekly activities. This program is offered in the Spring. Registration required. Registration for 2022 has ended.
Registration is required for all virtual events: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-666-3227.
Check the current Program Calendar for dates and times.
Baby Time Special Topics: Join Allison as she offers a special topic for caregivers with infants under the age of 12-months.
Baby Time Conversations: Join Janice as she leads the group in singing and moving with baby as well as a conversation around an infant topic. You are welcome to join the conversation even if babe is sleeping.
Special Programs and Events: We offer on occasion virtual special programs and events. We will outline these opportunities in our Monthly Program Calendar
Registering for Programs
Registration will be required for all programs until the end of April. We kindly ask that you register only members of your immediate family.
Contact us by email at email@example.com or phone at 519-666-3227 & our team can assist you in registering for programs of interest.
Family Registration Form
All families must complete a Family Registration Form before registering for any Middlesex EarlyON programs (virtual or in-person). This form only needs to be completed once in 2021. Complete the form online now.
Important Information About In-Person Programs
- Masking will no longer be required for visitors to EarlyON programs including children, caregivers/parents, and guest speakers. Visitors who wish to continue to wear masks may do so.
- Pending direction from Middlesex County Library or staff personal choice, masks may be worn by EarlyON and Middlesex County Library staff.
- We know that many children and caregivers/parents may choose to continue to wear masks at times, or consistently. We encourage a respectful, welcoming and inclusive environment in our EarlyON programs and kindly ask all visitors to program to respect individual choices.
- As some children and caregivers/parents may choose to continue to wear masks or eye protection, the government will continue to provide free masks and eye protection to EarlyON programs. Should you require a mask or eye protection, please ask one of the staff.
- Important note: reminder to review and monitor Government of Canada travel advice and advisories, regarding COVID-19 and international travel, including masking requirements. For the most up-to-date information and travel advisories, visit the Government of Canada website.
- Daily confirmation of screening for children and caregivers/parents will no longer be required. Staff will also no longer be required to confirm screening.
- With that said, families should continue to self-screen before attending EarlyON programs using the COVID-19 school and child care screening tool. The screening tool has been updated to align with the updated COVID-19 Integrated Testing & Case, Contact and Outbreak Management Interim Guidance: Omicron Surge. The screening tool can be found on the Province of Ontario website. We will continue to remind families in our confirmation emails to self-screen.
- As a reminder, anyone who is sick or has any new or worsening symptoms of illness should stay home until their symptoms are improving for 24 hours (or 48 hours for nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea) and should seek assessment from their health care provider if needed.
- Should an EarlyON staff observe symptoms, staff will kindly ask for you and your family to exit the program.
- Physical distancing will no longer be required for indoor or outdoor activities.
- We know that many children and caregivers/parents may wish to continue to distance from other families. We encourage a respectful, welcoming and inclusive environment in our EarlyON programs and kindly ask all visitors to program to respect individual choices.
- We will continue to encourage families to be respectful of distancing in program spaces.
Hand Hygiene, Respiratory Etiquette and Cleaning
In accordance with local public health direction, appropriate hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and cleaning should continue. The following measures will continue to be in place until the end of June 2022:
- We will continue to ask that you kindly sanitize your hands upon arrival with the provided alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We ask that you assist your child/children in applying hand sanitizer.
- We ask that you work with your child on hand hygiene after using the washroom, before eating etc. Sinks with hand soap and water are available.
- Please also encourage your child/children to be mindful of respiratory etiquette.
- Toys and materials are regularly cleaned. Our team maintains a cleaning log which includes what items were cleaned and when.
Registration and Capacity Limits
- Most programs are drop-in effective May 2022. Registration is still required for some programs.
- Capacity limits are set according to fire regulations as well as considerations for the safety and comfort of families and staff.
Meet the Team
Allison Beauchamp, EarlyON Senior Facilitator
Allison is a Registered Early Childhood Educator with 25 years of experience in the early years’ field. For the past 16 years she has been with the Ontario Early Years Centre (known now as Middlesex EarlyON). She has past experience working all age groups in licensed child care as well as supervisory and executive director experience in licensed child care. She also has her Developmental Service Worker Diploma and worked in that field when she first graduated college.
Janice Dolliver, EarlyON Facilitator
Janice is a Registered Early Childhood Educator with 34 years of experience in the early years’ field. For the past 15 years she has been with the Ontario Early Years Centre (known now as Middlesex EarlyON). She has past experience in operating a day care in London for 8 years, providing Home Child Care in Coldstream, and managing the former Middlesex Children’s Resource Centre (later became the Ontario Early Years Satellite in Strathroy).
Donna Fleming, EarlyON Facilitator
Donna is a Registered Early Childhood Educator who started with Ontario Early Years Centre in 2017 (known now as Middlesex EarlyON). She has worked with children in various roles for most of her life- from summer camps, Sunday school, daycare and home child care, to teaching English in a kindergarten in Hong Kong. Donna supports EarlyON toddler and preschooler programming.
Sarah Sutherland-Sebo, EarlyON Facilitator
Sarah joined the EarlyON team in April of 2021. Sarah is a Registered Early Childhood Educator and resident of Middlesex County, and comes to the early years team with experience as a kindergarten classroom RECE with Thames Valley District School Board as well as child care program provider for newcomer children. She also has previous experience with the YMCA and as a Community Home Child Care provider. Sarah supports EarlyON toddler and preschooler programming.
We offering programs in communities across Middlesex County. For information on locations, dates, and times of programs, view our current Program Calendar.
We continue to offer virtual programs as well. Information on these programs can also be found on the Program Calendar.
Ilderton EarlyON & Family Centre
Located within the Ilderton Library, located at 40 Heritage Drive.
Strathroy Early ON & Family Centre
Located within the Strathroy Library, located at 34 Frank Street.
For program-related inquires please email or call Middlesex EarlyON at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-666-3227 and leave a message. An EarlyON Facilitator will respond to your inquiry within 2 business days.
For operational-related inquires, please call or email Nadine Devin, Middlesex EarlyON Early Years Project Manager at: 519-245-8237 ext. 4023 or email@example.com
Keep up to date on Middlesex EarlyON programming and fun by following us on Facebook and Instagram
Discover virtual storytimes and more on our YouTube channel.